Thursday, July 23, 2009

Num 67

somehow i don't feel comfortable letting ppl read my blog......coz i like to ramble and vent out my frustrations here.....so y am i getting judged on the things i wrote on my own blog?? i'm considering turning it private soon........

i like competitions between peers....i think it's healthy and it makes a person strive harder.....competition can be a positive thing.....yes, i might sometimes compare myself with others....coz if others can do it, then i should be able to do it as well..........no excuses for my poor performance
....
.......
coming from st.george's made me competitive....i'm sure some of u girls feel the same.....coz all the girls there were straight A students in UPSR and were specially selected to go there......in fact, georgians are all-rounded and competitive in a way....coz we r so used to winning and getting good grades......after all, we are the best girl school in penang!!!!....right?? remember all those perhimpunan on mondays?? where the headmistress would always give away those certs, prizes and trophies that had been won by the students in national or state 'peraduan' or 'pertandingan' or whatever MSSM or MSSP medals....n OMG who could ever forget our school band, they're awesome!!!!! i used to be so proud whenever someone win something.....almost every student i know has been up there at least once..myself included.......

yeah, i admit i can be jealous at times...especially when it comes to 'kelas terbersih'.......y do u think i was so obsessed in winning 'kelas terbersih' during my F6......it was the trophy and the merit points....i knew some of my classmates needed it....SGGS with strict rules always giving students demerit..ish ish...

the point is SGGS made me take my work and studies seriously.....that is y i'm so particular abt my work quality......i can't stand it when ppl do their work in a lazy manner....SGGS nurtures each student so that they can achieve their full potential....i bet that if i were to come from another school other than SGGS, i would be a different person from what i am today...n i'm happy with myself =)....my english would be a lot worse if it wasn't for SGGS....

the famous clock tower =D

anyway, georgians are awesome (note: myself EXCLUDED!!!!)..... half my peers are now not in malaysia, i.e they r studying elsewhere around the world....Singapore, Australia, US, UK, Rusia....n they r doing very well.....another 25% are in local unis while another 10% have graduated or going to graduate soon....yup, time flies huh.....this leaves the remaining 15% in the private unis around malaysia.....including myself in UTAR (no Choice!!)....older georgians are mostly professionals and a lot of them are Datins and Datos, doing tons of charity works....hello, Dato' Sri Sharizat is a georgian ok... so is Dato' faridah merican if i'm not mistaken...and a lot more in fact....i just dunno their names.........*sigh* i bet ya i'll never become a Datin or a Dato' especially since i'm in the science field...=P but nothing's imposible maaaaaaaaa............

to all my fellow georgian friends reading this, i miss u all dearly....i miss those good old days.....n if u ever doubt yourself even for a moment, just remember our school's slogan.....Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam!!!!!!!! be proud!!! =D


p.s.: i'm writing this to cheer myself up coz i'm in a total emo mood rite now......due to a certain group assignment that i'm not particularly happy abt....let's just say i'm not satisfied/trust the quality of the assignment (mostly grammar mistakes) as i wasn't able to proof-read it first before they submitted it....i 've asked him to let me do so n i waited till late for the soft copy...but alas, nothing!!! whatever la.......

3 comments:

CL said...

Aww..Angie! Don't u rmb that u're from SGGS, too? Since all Georgians are awesome, it means YOU too!! I must agree with u, almost every competition we join, it's like for sure SGGS will win at least something! I, too, am proud of being a Georgian.
Bout ur blog...I read ur blog everytime u update! I love to listen to u rambling! I mean, it is good to let go..make it a private post if u think it's too personal. But not all of the post!!! OK OK OK!!!! Take care! :)

Quin said...

agreeing with chia li here, the ones about u being awesome as well as not making the blog completely private.

there are times too when i felt the need to explain myself for the way i write some things or how i write them. but in the end, i almost always never explain myself. i think chia li mentioned a few times in her blog too, the fact that this blog is urs, and u have complete liberty to write anything u want. if they don't like it, heck, they don't even have to come to ur blog. as for getting judged for the things u write, i'm pretty sure the judger feel just as strongly about some matters like u do, they just lack the courage/initiative to talk about them.

about not coming back to ur blog, o well, georgians must always side georgians, right?

ps: i am tho, still very jealous about ur PERFECT bf.. hehe~

Angie said...

u guys are so right....i have the freedom to write whatever i like and whenever i want....no point getting frustrated over what others think huh....=)

it's so great having this kind of conversation with u guys.... seriously, i'm so deprived of a good and mature conversation over here....my brain is becoming more like a marshmallow...=P

kquin-dun be jealous...one day u'll have ur own perfect man... hehehe